- President Trump directed declaration of a Nationwide Public Health Emergency to address the opioid crisis Download samsung boot.
- The President’s “Opioid Cabinet” is providing governmentwide focus across departments and cabinet offices.
- Just last week, President Trump signed H.R 클래시로얄 버그판 링크. 6, the Support for Patients and Communities Act. The new law will expand access to evidence-based treatment for opioid addiction, protect communities from illicit drugs, invest more in sustained recovery and workforce participation, continue to fight the stigma directed at people with addiction and raise public consciousness of the dangers of illicitly imported synthetic opioids like fentanyl.
Encouraging Women in the STEM Fields
- In February 2017, President Trump signed two bills that promote increased opportunities for women in business and science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields.
· H.R. 255 authorized the National Science Foundation to enhance recruitment and support of women entrepreneurs.
· H.R. 321 directed NASA to encourage women and girls to pursue STEM education and careers in the aerospace industry.
Historic Appointments of Women to Leadership Posts
- President Trump has appointed women to six Cabinet-level positions (Elaine Chao, Secretary of Transportation; Betsy DeVos, Secretary of Education; Kirstjen Nielsen, Secretary of Homeland Security; Linda McMahon, Administrator of the Small Business Administration; Gina Haspel, Director of Central Intelligence; and Nikki Haley, Ambassador to the United Nations).
- The lead spokespersons for the White House, the Pentagon, the State Department, and the Justice Department are women.
· Sarah Huckabee Sanders is the first mother – and only the third woman – to hold the position of White House Press Secretary.